A desert you cannot miss to eat, a mouth watering treat for your loved ones, by your own hand, a trust of hygene and health. Show your family the love and care you want to give! Prepare this special Sohan Halwa Recipe by bhabiskitchen!
|4||Ghee / Clarified Butter||½ kg|
|5||Green Cardamom (sabz ilaichi)||10-12|
|7||Nutmeg (jaifal)||½ teaspoon|
|8||Mace (jaivitri)||¼ teaspoon|
|9||Orange/Yellow Food Color (zard rang)||½ teaspoon|
|10||Almond (badam)||125 grams|
|11||Pistachio (pista)||125 grams|
Procedure for preparing Sohan Halwa:
- Dissolve sugar in 1.25 liters of water and add powdered mace, nutmeg and tatri.
- Take seeds of green cardamom (ilaichi kay danay) and grind them. Mix them in dissolved sugar mixture.
- Heat sugar mixture in a pot to prepare sugar syrup (chashni).
- Now dissolve nishasta & food color in remaining 750 ml (3 pao) of water. With help of muslin cloth (malmal), sieve the dissolved mixture (chaan lein).
- Now add nishasta mixture to sugar syrup pot and let it cook on very low flame.
- Keep stirring it continuously for 8-10 minutes.
- Add peeled & chopped almonds and pistachios and let it cook.
- When mixture becomes like “halwa” and moving spoon becomes difficult, then start adding one tablespoon of ghee while stirring continuously.
- When ghee starts to separate and halwa leaves the sides of the pot, then turn off the flame.
- Grease a large tray with ghee/oil and pour halwa mixture all over it.
- Using back of flat-spoon, spread the halwa evenly. Sprinkle dry fruits for garnishing and let it cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cut into desired pieces and serve.