Bhabis Kitchen is delighted to share a traditional and everyone’s favourite sweet dish Sooji Halwa. This yummy halwa is best enjoyed with poori and chana saalan. So if you are planning chana poori breakfast this Sunday then do prepare this sooji halwa along to enjoy your Sunday breakfast to the fullest with your loved ones. So go for it and let us know by commenting on our website or Facebook page.
Ingredients for Sooji halwa:
|2||Hot milk||3 cups|
|6||Almonds (powder)||3 tablespoon|
|7||Kaajoo (crushed)||12-15 pieces|
|8||Cardamom (powder)||1/2 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Sooji halwa:
- In a pan, heat the ghee and fry crushed kaajoo until turns golden and set aside.
- In the same pan, add sooji and almond powder. Cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Then add milk and stir continuously to avoid any lumps. Add kishmish and let it cook on low heat until the mixture is slightly dry.
- Once you see sooji mixture has reached to good consistency, add sugar and cardamom powder.
- As you see the sugar is fully dissolved and the halwa is slightly thick, add fried kaajoo.
- Pour sooji halwa on the serving tray and garnish with kishmish, kajoo or almonds.
- Leaving the sooji halwa unattended will result in lumpy condition. Make sure you keep stirring.