Spicy Lamb Chops Biryani
A balanced flavor of spices with combination of tender lamb chops, basmati rice & cool raita – this recipe is sure to delight your family members. Enjoy this easy-to-follow recipe by Bhabi’s Kitchen and share your feedback by leaving out comments.
Type: Main Dish / Rice
|1||Lamb chops (chaanp)||1 kg|
|2||Garlic Ginger Paste||2 tablespoon|
|4||Basmati Rice||3 or 3 ½ cup|
|5||Onion||4 large, finely sliced|
|6||Tomato||3 medium, chopped|
|7||Oil||¼ or ½ cup|
|8||Lemon Juice||2 tablespoon|
|11||Cardamom (sabz ilaichi)||8|
|12||Cinnamon Sticks||2 (inch long)|
|13||Coriander Leaves||¼ cup, freshly chopped|
|14||Mint Leaves||2-3 tablespoon, freshly chopped|
|15||Green Chilies||6, sliced half in length|
|16||Crushed Red Chili||2 teaspoon|
|17||Yellow Food Color||¼ teaspoon|
|18||Warm Milk||2 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Spicy Lamb Biryani :
- Soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes at least. Drain the water.
- In a deep pot, heat oil and fry cinnamon, cardamom and cloves for 1 minute.
- Add finely sliced onion and fry till it turns golden brown; then add ginger garlic paste. Fry for one minute.
- Add chopped coriander and mint leaves into the onion mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lamb chops and salt. Stir the meat for 15-20 minutes till it begins to turn brown in color.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, crushed red chilies and let it cook till oil starts to leave the sides of the pot.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice along with water. Cover the pot and let it cook till meat it thoroughly cooked & tender. Masala shouldn’t be too dry – add necessary water to make smooth gravy.
- In a separate pot (deghchi), bring water to boil. Add soaked rice and salt. Let it cook till rice are nearly done i.e. 3/4th Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- To assemble biryani, layer half of rice in a pot and pour cooked lamb masala over it. Top it with remaining rice.
- Dissolve yellow food color into warm milk and pour over the top layer of rice. Cover the pot and let it simmer on low heat till rice are completely cooked i.e. 10-15 minutes.
Tip: Garnish with mint leaves and sliced ginger. You can also add potatoes. Serve with salad and raita of your choice. You can also use mutton chops or beef meat following rest of same recipe.