Sugar Cookies Recipe
Sugar cookies have been favourite all around the world for generations. They dates back in 17th Century in USA! Thanks to Germans who introduced to us the simple and tasty sugar cookies. Either sprinkled with coloured sugar, chopped nuts or frosted they still steal the show. Do try our recipe this holiday season and have fun with your friends and family.
Ingredients for Sugar Cookies:
|1||All-purpose Flour||2 ½ cups|
|2||Caster Sugar||2/3 cup|
|6||Vanilla Essence||1 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Sugar Cookies:
- In a bowl, beat butter and caster sugar until turns creamy. Add an egg and beat. Now add vanilla essence, salt, and sieved all-purpose flour.
- Make the dough by mixing all the ingredients well. Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours.
- Roll the dough ¼ inch thick and use cookie cutter to cut the cookies. Then make ball of the remaining dough and roll again then cut the cookies. Repeat the process until the dough finishes.
- Put the cookies on baking tray with butter paper on top. Bake them in the pre heated oven at 180 Degree Celsius for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and put them on the cooling rack to cool down.
- Sprinkle coloured sugar and serve.
Avoid over cooking cookies to get the best results.
Make sure the dough is cool and soft enough to roll without cracking.