Bhabi’s Kitchen prepare recipes from all around the world. Today a unique flavored recipe of Thai Green Chicken Curry is being shared to excite your taste-buds. With most favorite meat of all time – Chicken and some vegetables of your choice, prepare this curry and serve with steamed rice, paratha or just plain roti. Try it out and let us know your feedback.
Type: Gravy / Curry / Main Dish
|1||Chicken Boneless||½ kg, cut in strips or small cubes|
|3||Ginger||1 inch piece|
|5||Onion||3 small, chopped|
|6||Green Chillies||5-7 or more as per spice level|
|7||Red Chillies||2-3, halved diagonally|
|8||Peas (matar)||½ cup, boiled|
|9||Salt||As per taste|
|10||Coconut Milk||1 cup, thick|
|11||Coriander Leaves||1 cup, chopped|
|12||Lemon Grass (haray chai ki patti)||2 tablespoon|
|13||Coriandar Powder||1 tablespoon|
|14||Cumin Powder||1 tablespoon|
|15||Lemon Juice||1-2 tablespoon|
|16||Black Pepper||½ teaspoon|
|17||Capsicum (Shimla mirch)||½ cup, chopped|
|18||Mushrooms (optional)||½ cup, sliced|
|19||Chicken Stock (or water)||½ cup|
Procedure for preparing Thai Green Chicken Curry:
- To prepare green paste, blend together lemon grass, coriander leaves, onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper & lemon juice into a fine paste. Add small amount of water gradually (like ¼ cup).
- Heat oil in a pot and saute prepared green paste for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well on medium flame. Add chicken stock or water and cook chicken till tender.
- Add peas, capsicum and mushrooms (optional). Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add coconut milk and let it cook on medium flame for ten minutes while adding salt as well.
- Serve hot while garnishing with red sliced chillies.
Tip: Serve with hot naan, paratha or steamed rice. You can use fish sauce for enriched flavour. Vegetables can be added or removed as per your choice (like cauliflower, carrots, corns, babycorns etc).