Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a traditional beverage usually associated with Indian festivals. It is surely an ideal drink to enjoy in coming summers made with combination of cold milk & almonds. Not only healthy but mouth-watering too! Try it out and let us know your feedback.
Cuisine: Indian – Asian
|1||Milk||4 cups, boiled and cooled|
|2||Sugar (powdered)||½ cup|
|3||Black Pepper Powder||¼ teaspoon|
|4||Saffron||A small pinch|
|6||Cardamom (sabz ilaichi)||6-8|
|7||Whole Black Pepper (sabit kali mirch)||15-18|
|8||Fennel (saunf)||1 ½ tablespoon|
|9||Rose Petals(saunf)||For Garnish|
Procedure for preparing Thandai Drink:
- Boil milk and let it cool at room temperature.
- Take a blender and blend together almonds, cardamom, black pepper and fennel seeds into a fine powder.
- Take a jug and pour milk. Add prepared powder into milk and mix well using whisk.
- Keep the jug refrigerated for 3-4 hours.
- Strain the milk through sieve/strainer.
- Add powdered sugar, pinch of saffron and black pepper powder. Mix. Check the taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour the drink into serving glasses. Garnish with rose petals. Serve chilled.